Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are looking for a Mass Properties Engineer who can drive the design of class-leading, mass-optimised eVTOL vehicles from the earliest development phases, through verification and test to manufacture and service operations. The successful candidate will be adept at identifying and realising mass-reduction opportunities in all aspects of vehicle design. In addition, they will implement state-of-the-art mass property analysis and management tools and methodologies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain the mass properties database, including support for aircraft variants.
- Track aircraft mass, CG and inertia properties throughout the product development cycle.
- Work with integrated project teams (IPTs) and suppliers to collect data and track mass margins, risks, and opportunities.
- Create dashboards to effectively communicate status to management and the rest of the team in real-time.
- Work closely with IPTs to identify opportunities for and to realize mass savings.
- Work with the aircraft integration and quality team to audit production component masses
- Own system and aircraft level mass and inertia testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Familiar with aerospace weight engineering best practices
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in groups and individually.
- Experience in a fast-paced design environment.
- A successful track record in mass property management and product mass reduction in an aerospace context would be advantageous.