Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
We are currently going through an exciting phase of rapid expansion as we prepare for the first flight of our electric Vertical Take-Off and Landing (eVTOL) aircraft. We’re looking for an Advanced Simulation Engineer with a keen eye for emerging technology to apply their skills and experience to creating a cutting-edge simulation environment.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in rotary wing and or/fixed wing flight simulation in an aircraft manufacturing environment, coupled with a broad understanding of industry standards and practices. They will also understand how to develop a simulation environment for our aircraft and systems which is innovative, versatile and flexible.
Duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Capturing and managing simulation requirements to meet the needs of multiple inter-disciplinary teams
- Working with external suppliers to develop and integrate hardware and software solutions
- Developing and maintaining aircraft simulation models of varying levels of fidelity and complexity
- Creating and maintaining hardware-in-the-loop testing environments
- Supporting and facilitating simulated aircraft handling qualities assessments and flight test training activities
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or related field
- Substantial knowledge of flight simulation, associated simulation technologies (networks, visual model creation etc.), and their implementation in MATLAB SIMULINK, C/C++ or other simulation software codes and tools.
- Ability to apply your knowledge to building a cutting-edge simulation environment
- Experience of working across multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) protocol and the High Level Architecture (HLA) standard
- Experience of working with the Common Image Generator Interface (CIGI) standard
- Knowledge of applicable simulation certification specifications (FSTD(H), and/or FSTD(A))
- Experience of using simulation to generate data in support of certification activities