Vertical Aerospace is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Our mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
Our eVTOL vehicles will provide a quantum leap in the environmental footprint of vertical air travel, particularly regarding noise. We aim to provide the quietest vehicles in their class and this will require significant design ingenuity and innovation. We are looking for a budding Aeroacoustic Engineer with a mix of analytical and experimental capabilities who will find this challenge stimulating and will thrive in our environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing software models for predicting noise from novel aircraft configurations.
- Running models in support of aircraft design activities.
- Supporting experimental work, such as noise measurements on aircraft, rotor rigs and in wind tunnels.
- Analysing experimental data, comparing with our models, proposing model improvements and deriving conclusions which will forward our designs.
- Supporting the other Flight Physics teams when required.
- BEng in Aeronautical Engineering or other relevant discipline. A Masters degree is preferred.
- An understanding of aeroacoustics.
- Experience conducting noise and/or aerodynamics experiments.
- Proficiency with MATLAB for both data analysis and modelling.