We are currently entering a phase of expansion with the objective of rapidly bringing competitive product(s) to market. As part of this expansion, we are looking for Battery Test Technician to join the Battery System development team at Vertical Aerospace. The role will mainly focus on the design and development of High Voltage Battery Systems and associated hardware from concept definition through to certification and production.
The ideal candidate will have strong ‘hands-on’ engineering skills and team work ethic, able to take on a wide range of challenges and responsibilities across multiple streams of work. Be adaptable in a fast-moving environment, with the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of developing the Vertical Aerospace product range, and who can identify innovative solutions to properly implement the various company strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Electrical tests on cells, modules and whole battery systems including: Vibration testing, Mechanical testing, Build and setup of bespoke test rigs, Fire containment testing.
- Support in verifying and validating system requirements through test programs
- Battery pack teardown, inspection and fault analysis
- Test definition and Report writing
- Feedback into the design team on process, test results and next steps
- Data analysis
- Defect tracking
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Trained to deal with high-voltage components
- HND / BEng / equivalent on the job training
- Good communication skills
- Excel, powerpoint, Word, Matlab, Python